Tuesday 28 September 2010

And it all ran slightly amock

My apologies for the very long pause between posts, life has been somewhat hectic. Hubby and I have moved to the town where I grew up, where we're renting a little cottage from me par. Since moving I also found a job in London of all places, so life currently consists of a lot of travelling and sleeping and not a lot else. My life does seem to be less fulfilling because I have no time for the stuff I love to do, but there is an unfortunate need for money at the moment.

Anyway, have just put an offer in on a new home and with all luck we will be in by Yule, which means I can resume my pursuit for self-sufficiency with gusto next year. It has a decent size garden and a mammoth greenhouse, so I think I should be able to grow maybe 80% of the food the two of us would be eating. :) I've also been asking family for chickens and their kit as presents. So come next year I should be getting eggs regularly to either cook with or barter with.

I'm already planning a hearth outside for my tripod and cauldron, I hope to be able to cook outside as much as possible during the summer months, just because I like it. Hubby has been told he's going to need to build me 4 raised beds, so that will keep him occupied in his workshop. :)

My plans for my business are there in the background. Mulling away and maturing. This current job means I'm self-employed, but putting it together with my other plans of preserves etc is taking some doing. I start my college course for one element of my portfolio business, the sign-language which will be my security to ensure there is money coming in for bills etc. It will take me 2 to 3 years to get my level three which will put me to a level of earning a respectable income from it.

So although I have been somewhat quiet on the blog front, there have been a lot of changes going on and a lot in my little head to start putting into place to get where I want to be, living a life that I want for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment